All things literacy — Authors, Books, Connections . . .

Monday, March 03, 2008

Awards and Interview w/Just One More Book

My time does fly -- it's been a few weeks since the prestigious Caldecott and Newbery Awards have been announced. I was somehwat disappointed - -I wanted a picture book for little readers. Don't get me wrong I LOVE The Adventures of Hugo Cabret--LOVE IT LOVE IT; but I still wanted a book for the younger set. I feel cheated this eyar -- but that's my own problem. There were some fine honor books that can be shared and perhaps it is time we paid attention to honor books -- as they are sooooo close to the winner. A different composition of the committee might have made the entire difference.
Check out the winners at the ALA site at http://www.ala.org.



Meanwhile back to reality -- JUST ONE MORE BOOK conducted an interview with me a few weeks ago and now the edited result is online -- check it out on the JUST ONE MORE BOOK Site.



In a few days I am headed off, with Carol Gorman, to visit the American School in Warsaw Poland. Should be an interesting trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment