All things literacy — Authors, Books, Connections . . .

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Past - The Grinch and Other things

Among other things that need to be taken down are my favorite things from this year's holiday.  There's the Grinch pictures I made using a section of a "Grinch" book panel.  I padded the material with a very thin batting,  added a topsy turvy border of red, and added a Grinch Green rickrack -- framed and wrapped with a ribbon bow (found this ribbon at Sam's Club).  I made my friend Cheryl one -- with the wood frame, mine was the gold frame, and I made a granddaughter one with a white frame (not pictured). Each is a little different because of the section of fabric  that was used.  I've got a few more sections of the panel so I think I will make some more.



The Grinch pictures are framed cloth - with a red border, Grinch green rickrack, and Green and Red Ribbon. Finished picture fits into an 8x10 frame.


My new Grinch ornament was this year's only addition to the literary tree. Many of the ornaments are miniature books signed by the authors.





Several years ago we made some miniature trees from painted pine cones. A little touch of Christmas in each of two bathrooms in the house.
Christmas 2011 -- the end of a season.

No comments:

Post a Comment