A Proper Tea is much nicer than a Very Nearly Tea,
which is one you forget about afterwards.
~ A.A. Milne
A hat filled with flowers is very much needed for attending a proper tea! Pearls, scarfs, and lacy gloves.
There are teacups in every floral design.
Plan a proper tea and share a few "tea" books:
-- For young readers:
- My Very First Tea Party by Michal Sparks (Harvest House, 2000)
- Fancy Nancy: Tea for Two by Jane O'Connor, illustrated by Robin Preiss Glasser (Harper Festival, 2012)
- Madeline's Tea Party by John Bemelmans Marciano (Penguin Young Readers, 2012)
-- For the Tea Party Planner:
- Vintage Tea Party by Carolyn Caldicott, photographs by Chris Caldicott (Frances Lincoln, 2012)
- Traditional Afternoon Tea by Martha Day (Lorenz Books, 2012)
- Tea Party: 20 Themed Tea Parties with Recipes for Every Occasion, from Fabulous Showers to Intimate Gatherings by Tracy Stern (Clarkson Potter, 2007)
Need a hat for your own tea party -- try this DIY project. -- visit the Make a Hat page on the Green Frog Gifts Blog