Marco Polo is said to have brought back coconuts and spices such as nutmeg and cloves. This recipe for Marco Polo Bars, developed by the great bakery/dessert chief (here after known as GBDC) incorporates some of the flavors Polo brought back: coconut, nutmeg, cloves.
Read a book or two --• Adventures of Marco Polo by Russell Freedman and Bagram Ibatouline (2006)
• Marco Polo for Kids: His Marvelous Journey to China, 21 Activities by Janis Herbert (2001)
• Marco Polo by Demi (2008)
• Famous Men of the Middle Ages by John H. Haaren and A.B. Poland (2009)
• World History Biographies: Marco Polo: The Boy Who Traveled the Medieval World (National Geographic World History Biographies) by Nick McCarty (2008)
• In the Footsteps of Marco Polo starring Denis Belliveau and Francis O Donnell (2012) - DVD
Happy Birthday -- GBDC