All things literacy — Authors, Books, Connections . . .

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Jim Aylesworth -- new book, author visits.

Jim Aylesworth and Barbara McClintock will be releasing a new book in their folktale series in the Spring of 2007. I do not know the title and am anxious to know which title he has retold now. I LOVE HIS Gingerbread Boy, Goldilocks, and his Tricky Fox. I don't think it will be Little Red Riding Hood -- although that is a favorite tale of mine; so I'm guessing maybe... Three Little Pigs (it'll be hard to compete against Steven Kellogg's version.)

If you admire Jim's work like I do -- and if you live in Arizona; you might be interested in the following "deal."

An Author Visit by Jim Aylesworth.
If you live in Arizona -- near Phoenix or Tucson, and ever wished to have Jim Aylesworth visit your school now is the time. Jim normally travels from Chicago but he will be in the area on personal business. So if you are interested I could arrange for you to have him at your school -- flat honorarium, NO EXPENSES.

He's a great guest author and does inspire children. He will be in Arizona and available the week of January 22-26, 2007.

If you wish to discuss the details, e-mail me at sharron@mcbookwords.com; or phone (319) 393-2562.

Sharron

No comments:

Post a Comment